It’s a chilly fall day and you’re having friends over for some fireside cocktails. Warm up with these hot cocktail recipes!
Maker’s Mark Hot Toddy
- 2 ounces Maker’s Mark Bourbon
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce cinnamon simple syrup
- 1/4 ounce honey
- 2 ounces Angostura bitters
- Top with hot water
- Lemon wheel and cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish
- To make cinnamon syrup, mix equal parts sugar and water with one broken-up cinnamon stick per 1/2 cup.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once sugar is completely melted, remove the pan from heat and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain out the cinnamon.
- Syrup can be stored for up to three weeks.
- When the cinnamon syrup is ready, add all ingredients to a mug and stir well.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and fresh grated cinnamon or nutmeg.
Apothic Mulled Wine
- 1 bottle Apothic Inferno
- 2 oranges sliced into rounds
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 three-star anise
- 2 ounce bourbon
- ½ cup of honey
- Combine the wine, one sliced orange, all six cloves, three cinnamon sticks, the three-star anise, bourbon, and honey in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Turn to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with remaining orange rounds and cinnamon sticks as garnish.
Captain Morgan Hot Buttered Rum
- 2 ounces Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
- 1 dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of softened butter
- 1 dash of nutmeg
- 5 ounces of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 dash of allspice
- Place butter, sugar, and spices into a coffee mug and muddle.
- Pour in Captain Morgan and hot water.
Visit NH Liquor & Wine Outlet in-store or online to purchase your spirits and wines for these recipes!
For more recipe blogs, visit The Tasting Room.