We’ve tallied up our top ten wines from recent months, identified trends that may be driving their popularity, and suggested some food pairings so you can stock up on products that are perfect for you.
At the top of our list is La Marca Prosecco, a sparkling wine with a delicate, golden-straw color and lively effervescence. The aromas are of fresh citrus, honey, and white flowers, while the palate is fresh and clean, with flavors of ripe lemon, green apple, and grapefruit, framed by mineral undertones.
- Why it’s popular: Sparkling wine has performed exceptionally well over the last two years, with the category growing by double digits. This is likely to continue as consumers learn more about the category of sparkling wines and Champagnes.
- Like many proseccos, La Marca’s offering is very versatile, good with cheese and light pizzas, shellfish and salmon, spicy Asian dishes, and fruit desserts like tarts, lemon meringue pie, or fruit salad.
Our next pick is Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough. It possesses the aromas of lifted citrus, tropical fruit, and crushed herbs. On the palate, it’s a fresh, juicy wine with vibrant acidity and plenty of weight and length. A ripe, tropical fruit flavor, with notes of passion fruit, melon, and grapefruit.
- Why it’s popular: One of the most remarkable trends during the last two years has been accelerating demand for wine from new regions. New Zealand wines had already been increasing in popularity over the last twenty years, and Kim Crawford is one of their most exciting and innovative producers.
- For pairing, consider planked salmon, field salads, or shrimp cocktail.
- Learn more: https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/product-detail/32915
Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay has beautifully integrated tropical flavors. Notes of pineapple, mango, papaya, and citrus explode in the mouth, while aromas of vanilla and honey create depth and balance. A hint of toasted oak and butter rounds out the long, lingering finish.
- Why it’s popular: Kendall-Jackson has made America’s top-selling chardonnay for nearly thirty years.
- Pairings-wise, this is another highly versatile wine. Think light and bright, with fish and seafood, chicken and loin, cheeses like asiago and Havarti, and fruits like apple.
- Learn more: https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/product-detail/6570
Caymus Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley‘s signature is its dark color, rich fruit, and ripe, velvety tannins. Layered, lush aromas and flavors include cocoa, cassis, and ripe, dark berries.
- Why it’s popular: One of Napa Valley’s most celebrated wines. The first Caymus cabernet came out fifty years ago, creating generations of fans.
- Pair with classic meat dishes like veal, pork, beef, lamb, and warm-weather favorites like hamburgers, barbecue, and grilled dishes. Also good with Asian dishes and hearty fish courses.
- Learn more: https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/product-detail/11214
Meiomi Pinot Noir has a rich garnet color and a ruby edge, with lifted aromas of bright fruit jam, mocha, and oak. Flavors include juicy strawberry, dark berries, and toasted mocha.
- Why it’s popular: Calling all golfers! One recent trend in wine has been a rise in consumer interest in wines that come with interesting trivia or a backstory. Dinner hosts and gift-givers will love sharing that Meiomi has been designated the Official Wine of the PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions.
- This pinot noir pairs well with thin-crust pizza, grilled lamb, turkey, and tomato-based pasta dishes.
- Learn more: https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/product-detail/11213
Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon is round and juicy, with flavors of blackberry, toasted hazelnut, and cinnamon, complemented by hints of vanilla and toasted oak.
- Why it’s popular: Josh Cellars has had a fairly recent and speedy rise to popularity, which may charm both those seeking the comfort of the familiar and also those who are on the hunt for a new favorite.
- Like many cabernets, this pairs well with hearty dishes. Think short ribs, lasagna, and flank steak.
- Learn more: https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/product-detail/11219
Moët & Chandon Champagne Nectar Impérial Rosé has the intense fruitiness of mature red fruits, strawberry soup, raspberry, and pomegranate. There are also notes of vanilla, brown sugar, and fresh mint.
- Why it’s popular: Some industry observers are predicting a sustained increase in consumption of rosé, in line with the recent popularity of lighter-bodied reds.
- Rosé fans will enjoy experimenting with red meat, spicy dishes, and summer vegetables.
- Learn more. https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/product-detail/13215
Veuve Clicquot Champagne Brut (Yellow Label) balances strength and silkiness perfectly with aromatic intensity and a lot of freshness.
- Why it’s popular: French wines remain the most popular — especially for special occasions — and industry observers expect this trend to continue during 2022.
- Pair with seafood, crackers, pasta, and parmesan.
- Learn more: https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/product-detail/6654
Woodbridge By Robert Mondavi Chardonnay unveils aromas of pear complemented by subtle oak and cinnamon. This California chardonnay wine’s light-to-medium body and vibrant acidity showcase characteristic flavors of peach and apple, leading to a toasty finish with vanilla oak notes.
- Why it’s popular: Consumers are on the lookout for value this year. This crowd-pleasing wine is widely recognized as excellent for everyday drinking.
- Pair this California chardonnay wine with both light appetizers and hearty dishes like roast chicken with white truffle risotto. Or take time to indulge, sipping this chardonnay wine on its own.
- Learn more: https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/product-detail/6682
Finally, we have Mezzacorona Trentino Pinot Grigio, a delicately complex wine sought out for its aromatic notes of crisp green apple, mineral, and honeysuckle.
- Why it’s popular: Another excellent value. This wine’s flexibility and price point will appeal to 2022 consumers on the hunt for a new, sensible go-to.
- Its elegant, fresh savor makes this pinot grigio the perfect complement to appetizers, soups, pasta, white meats, and fish.
- Learn more: https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com/product-detail/36378