Celebrate this Independence Day with these better-than-fireworks cocktail recipes! Whether you’re hosting or joining the fun, these simple cocktail recipes will be a hit during the warm weather. Put a little fire into your cocktail recipes this holiday!
- 2 1-inch-cubed watermelon chunks
- 1 1/2 ounces aged rum
- 1/2-ounce triple sec
- 1/2-ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2-ounce simple syrup
- 1/6 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Garnish: lime wedge
- In a mixing glass, muddle the watermelon.
- Add remaining ingredients and ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Stars & Stripes
- 5 fresh blueberries
- 1 ounce blueberry vodka
- 1/4-ounce absinthe
- 1/4-ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4-ounce simple syrup
- 1 dash raspberry brandy
- Ginger beer, chilled, to top
- Garnish: sugar cube
- In a shaker, muddle the blueberries.
- Add the vodka, absinthe, lemon juice, and simple syrup, plus ice, then shake until well-chilled.
- Pour (unstrained) into a highball glass.
- Drizzle with the raspberry brandy and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with one sugar cube.
Red, White, & Night
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces cabernet sauvignon
- 1 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Garnish: 3 blueberries or black raspberries, coated in powdered sugar
- Add the vodka, cabernet sauvignon, lemon juice, and simple syrup into a shaker with ice, and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with three blueberries or black raspberries coated in powdered sugar.
Visit NH Liquor & Wine Outlet in-store or online to purchase your favorite wines and spirits for these recipes!
Stories are what make wine and spirits special. Don’t miss our holiday recipes, found at The Tasting Room.