Mulled wine is perfect for a chilly fall day! It’s like drinking autumn in a cup. If you haven’t tried it, put it on your list. Try out our mulled wine recipe for your first experience! Our favorite wines to use for this recipe are cabernet sauvignon, merlot, malbec, and red zinfandel. You want a fruity, full-bodied wine for your recipe. With our extensive collection, NH Liquor & Wine Outlet will have the perfect wine for your recipe.
Spiced Mulled Wine
- 1 (750-ml) bottle of red wine
- 2 cups apple cider
- 3 tablespoons grand mariner
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4-star anise
- 6 whole cloves
- Honey to sweeten as desired
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot over medium heat. Once it starts to steam, immediately reduce it to a simmer (do NOT boil the wine!) and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove oranges, cloves, anise, and cinnamon sticks and toss them away. Add honey if desired for a sweeter mulled wine.
- Ladle into heat-proof glasses or mugs. Garnish with extra fresh orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and star anise as desired. Enjoy!
Our Top Wine Picks
- Alexander Valley Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Grown Alexander Valley
- Apothic Merlot Untamed & Unbound California
- Alamos Malbec Mendoza
- Apothic Red Winemaker’s Blend California
Visit NH Liquor & Wine Outlet in-store or online to purchase your favorite wine for your mulled wine recipe!
For more recipe blogs, visit The Tasting Room.