Enjoy over 100 fine Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot wine selections from around the world, along with a sampling of hors d’oeuvres from the Manchester Country Club. Wines included at this event retail for a minimum of $45 per bottle and may include popular brands such as
• Caymus Special Selection – The venerable Caymus Special Selection is the flagship wine of the Wagner family, compromised of the very best barrels of the vintage. The wine has flavors that can only be achieved through “hang time” – a technique which chances the loss of crop if early winter sets in. Leaving the fruit to “hang” on the vine unusually long develops suppleness, increases color, and matures the tannins of the grape.
• Opus One – This wine is joint venture between Robert Mondavi and Baroness Philippine de Rothschild producing a proprietary Bordeaux-style blend. This vintage wine is a blend of 71% cabernet, 11% merlot and other varietals. It is characterized by fresh aromas of bright red fruits, bay leaf and cassis that give way to subtler notes of black tea and white pepper. Round tannins and creamy texture envelop the familiar flavors of fresh cherry and dark chocolate.
• Chateau Montelena – These are famous and classic high-end wines from the Napa Valley. Originally founded in 1882, cabernet is one of the exclusive winery’s top two varietals.
• Spottswoode – For more than 30 years this winery has produced a lush and limited edition Estate Cabernet Sauvignon that exudes elegant power, effusive blackberry fruit and spice, naturally refined tannins and extraordinary color.
• Château Mouton Rothschild – This cabernet sauvignon is rich, deeply colored, well-structured and very full-bodied.
The special tasting will feature 14 tables of wine, including a mix of as yet unavailable wines, along with varieties currently available for purchase at NH Liquor & Wine Outlets. Plus, event attendees who place an order at the event will receive 15% off their order of six or more bottles!
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Concord Hospital Trust and will be used to help bring a new Linear Accelerator (LINAC) to the Payson Center for Cancer Care.
Tickets for this event are limited, be sure to purchase yours in advance. This event is sure to sell out!