As the days become longer, the sun shines brighter, and our moods start to improve. It’s time to celebrate, and there’s no better way than with a refreshing cocktail. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, throwing a dinner party, or just enjoying a night in, these spring-inspired cocktails are sure to bring some extra cheer to your gathering. From floral and fruity to light and tart, we have something for everyone.
For a fruity twist on a classic: Peach Tree Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Irish Whiskey
- 1 oz Demerara sugar cube
- 3 dashes of orange bitters
- 2 medium-sized peach wedges
- In a mixing glass, add sugar cube, 1 peach wedge, and orange bitters. Muddle.
- Add in whiskey and ice, then stir.
- Double strain into a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with the second peach wedge.
For spring flower essence: Hibiscus Margarita
- 1.5 oz reposado tequila
- .5 oz triple sec
- 1 oz hibiscus simple syrup
- .5 oz lime juice
- Topo Chico
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Dried hibiscus flower for garnish
- Combine tequila, triple sec, hibiscus simple syrup, and lime juice in a shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a rocks glass over one large ice cube.
- Top with Topo Chico and garnish with a dried hibiscus flower.
For a little bit of spring spice: Bijou
- 2 oz tequila
- .5 oz sweet vermouth
- .5 oz yellow chartreuse
- 1 dash of orange bitters
- Flaming orange peel for garnish
- Stir all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with orange peel.
For something simple, sweet, and floral: Lychee Martini
- 3 oz vodka
- 2 oz lychee juice*
- .5 oz vermouth
- Lychee and orchid for garnish
- Add the first 3 ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake for 5-10 seconds.
- Pour into a martini or coupe glass.
- Garnish with 2-3 lychees on a skewer.
- Add an orchid if desired for garnish.
*We might not have lychee juice at our outlets, but it is available locally.
For refreshing spring citrus: Grapefruit Mojito
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- 2 oz white rum
- 3 oz grapefruit juice
- 2 oz club soda
- Grapefruit wedges for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together mint leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Pour in the grapefruit juice and white rum.
- Fill with ice and shake. Strain over an ice-filled cocktail glass.
- Top with club soda (or sparkling water). Garnish with mint leaves and grapefruit wedge slices.
Find your favorite spirits and mixers here at New Hampshire Liquor & Wine Outlet to shake, stir, and sip your way into springtime.